We have a vacancy in our Preschool for an Early Childhood Teacher/Pedagogisk Leder.
We are seeking fully qualified Early Childhood Teachers to join our staff to ensure our standards of excellence are maintained and further developed. Purpose of the job:
• To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for assigned children in Pre-school.
• To raise standards of a child’s achievement within the preschool’s curriculum (Early Years Foundation Stage or International Baccalaureate) and to monitor, support, assess and evaluate each child’s progress in their class.
• Participation in open evenings, parents’ meeting and other relevant events organised by the Pre-school.
• To participate in the realization of the Pre-Schools objectives (see www.BISS.no)
• To coordinate and plan the role of Preschool Assistants in their team within the agreed system.
• To provide all those additional professional duties as required of teaching staff.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Early Years Childhood Studies (0-6 years) approved by UDIR.
Required characteristics include: - Demonstrated skills in building a caring, nurturing and creative environment. - Excellent English skills, both written and oral. - Strong collaboration skills. - Demonstrated skills in building positive relationships with parents.
Preferred candidate: - Will be an excellent classroom practitioner.
- Is enthusiastic, open minded, proactive, responsible, flexible and team oriented; Personal traits will be taken into consideration for this role.
- Has training and/or experience in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme.
-Has experience with the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
Starting date will be: 14.08.19. Should you wish further information, please contact Susanne Ferreira. Interested applicants should apply in writing to susanne.ferreira@biss. no
Closing date for applications is Friday the 8th of March 2019.
BISS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).